- Review: ‘Painting With John’ Teaches the Art of Living
John Lurie’s eccentric HBO series is no Bob Ross how-to. Its lessons are stranger and deeper.
- Why T-Shirts Promoting the Capitol Riot Are Still Available Online
Merchandise with phrases like “Battle for Capitol Hill Veteran” could still be purchased on major e-commerce sites, a sign of how the platforms have struggled to remove the goods.
- Manifesting, for the Rest of Us
A new generation has turned to an eons-old practice of envisioning positive outcomes.
- Women Will Support Kamala Harris by Wearing Pearls on Inauguration Day
Women across the country are pledging to wear pearls on Inauguration Day to support the country’s first female vice president-elect.
- What’s It Like to Have Kamala Harris as ‘Momala’? We Asked Her Stepkids
A Zoom interview with Ella and Cole Emhoff.
- John Lurie Doesn’t Paint Happy Trees
His new series for HBO, “Painting With John,” is a meditative and often joyful blend of painting and personal storytelling. But Bob Ross it isn’t.
- Bidri-The Magic of Inlay Work
It is believed that Bidriware, was introduced to Indian in the 14th and 15th century under the Bahamani Sultans who ruled over Bidar in present day Karnataka. It apparently has its origins in ancient Persia and was brought to our country by the followers of Islamic scholar, and philosopher Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti who was instrumental in establishing the Chishti Order of Sufism in the Indian subcontinent.More
- 10 Strange and Bizarre Things Used to Make Jewellery
While writing another blog post, it set me thinking as what other than things can jewellery be made of? Indeed, I am not referring to gold, silver or other metals. Nor do I mean handmade jewellery made of fabric, paper, jute and the others in the sustainable space. We do know of jewellery made of stone and bones by primitive man. But did you know that jewellery was also made of animal skins, feathers of birds, sea shells, and even hair? Frankly, the last one came as a surprise to me. Have a […]
- The Imperfect Handloom Saree
A gentle lady in her mid-thirties came to our ‘Experience Centre’ a while ago. She loved a Tussar silk saree. As is the norm, we lovingly helped her drape it and admire herself in our King sized mirror before she decided on her final purchase. She loved the colour. She loved the fall of the fabric. However, she noticed small knots at two places and showed her apprehension. As always I explained with a smile that since it is a handloom saree, such knots and slubs are common. In fact, it […]
- 21 Cute Backpacks for School 2021: Our Picks for Going to Class with Style
Sling some style over your shoulder this semester.
- Trending Accessories 2021: 15 Trendy Items You Definitely Need to Try This Year
Keep up with all the trends this year with these items!
- Madewell Sale: These Are The Must-Shop Items to Snag Before the Sale Ends Tomorrow
With savings of 50-80% off, you don't want to miss out on our top picks from this major Madewell sale!